These cookies have a fudge-like base with coconut oil, nut butter of your choice, keto-friendly sweetener, cocoa powder and butter.
The “filling” is a mixture of unsweetened coconut flakes and hemp seeds. I think you will be surprised how well the coconut flakes and hemp seeds substitute for oats.
Neither one has a very strong flavour, but they keep their texture or “bite” well so they work well as a low carb oat substitute.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- three/4 cup creamy low carb peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup swerve sweetener (brown sugar or granular)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (non-compulsory)
- 1 half-cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds, also known as hemp hearts (you could use an extra 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes if you do not have this. I just like the blended texture and it adds a bit of fibre)
- sea salt for topping (optionally available)
- In a medium length, saucepan integrate the coconut oil and the peanut butter over medium-low heat
- .As the mixture begins to melt stir till properly blended.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla (if the use of) and the.
- Increase warmth to medium or simply over medium and slowly convey the combination to a simmer.
- When the combination is simmering and the sweetener has absolutely melted (your fudge mixture need to be clean without a visible granular) eliminate from warmness and stir in the coconut flakes and the hemp seeds.
- Set apart and allow the aggregate to chill barely.
- Carefully spoon into silicone mini muffin tins until three/four complete.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if favoured.
- Freeze for 15 minutes until set. Remove from tins and shop in an airtight container in the freezer.